Getting started with anything can be rather difficult. This is especially so if you are looking at the idea of a huge health shift such as dealing with a food sensitivity. The first step is understanding the actual food sensitivity testing process and making sure that you are prepared for what it can offer you and your body’s overall health both in the short line of thinking as well as longer-term when it comes to your quality of life and, of course, enjoyment of food.
How does food sensitivity testing work?
The testing process is impressively simple, which is just the way that everyone likes it. It is conducted using a hair sample through one of our at-home sample kits, and the sample is tested in a lab to extract the results and send them to you through email. Here’s a step by step process of what you can expect.
- Choose a food sensitivity test: You can look at individual tests as well as couples tests if you want to provide support for someone else in your household. Choose the test that is right for you and order it.
- Read the instructions: When you receive your testing kit in the mail, take a look at the instructions and make sure that you understand the sampling instructions. It’s important that you follow these instructions closely, as they will be what determines how successful the test results are. If you aren’t sure of something, reach out to our customer representatives for support.
- Take and send back the sample: Put the sample into the kit and then package it up to send back to our lab.
- The lab receives the test: As soon as the lab receives the sample, you will have your results in less than two weeks. The sample is tested using a technical called bioresonance. This is a special kind of combination of equipment that will analyze your hair sample and determine how it has been reacting to food over time. Hair has an incredible power to keep a long-term record of the body’s reactions and needs, so this is a helpful diagnostic tool that can be done in our labs.
- Receive your results: The foods that you are sensitive to — as well as the severity — will be delivered to you in your email so that you can understand what you need to shift or adapt and why. This can be really helpful in understanding what your body needs from you as well.
Why should I get food sensitivity testing?
In seeing the testing process, some people still need to understand why something as specific as food sensitivity testing matters. After all, some people go their entire lives without getting proper testing done and are fine. What makes us any different?
The reality is that you can go your whole life without being any the wiser about your body, but you will be robbing yourself of information that can help you enjoy a lot of benefits. Some of the highlights include:
- Enjoying food more: When you know what you can and can’t eat safely, you’ll find that you are less likely to avoid new food-based experiences. You’ll be able to explore a broader palate and even enjoy activities such as baking and cooking again without fear or concern about feeling poorly afterward.
- Having a better overall quality of life: When you don’t know why you are feeling sick randomly, it can have a negative impact on your day to day life. A lot of times, food sensitivities can take hours or even days to manifest, so identifying what is causing the problem in the first place isn’t as simple as, say, an allergy, which takes seconds or minutes to create a reaction in most cases. Studies have shown that getting confirmed results and then adjusting their life helps them feel better about their overall quality of life and it helps them enjoy that day to day a bit more, too .
- Being healthier: When you are eating foods that agree with you, you’ll feel better. This also means that you’ll be healthier. Research has shown that those who know what they are dealing with can work with a physician and eliminate those problem foods from their life efficiently, making their bodies work better and be stronger overall .
- Losing weight: Research also suggests that avoiding foods you are sensitive to — foods that slow down your body’s systems — can actually help you slim down a few sizes and enjoy an easier time losing weight by eating right exercising, too . What it comes down to is that a healthier, happier body will look healthier and happier.
Even if you aren’t entirely convinced that food sensitivity testing is right for you, it is important to remember that it can have a serious impact on the overall quality of life for children and adults alike. Studies have shown that those children who are tested later in life and found a food sensitivity don’t outgrow it with age . While there is still a lot of research going into the idea of how to treat and alleviate food sensitivities in children, waiting until they’re older to test them is certainly not the solution to the problem. Get a food sensitivity test today!
 Jackson, J.A., Riordan, H.D., Neathery, S. and Guinn, C., 1995. The cytotoxic food sensitivity test: an important diagnostic tool. J Orthomol Med, 10(1), pp.60-61. Available at: http://www.orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1995/pdf/1995-v10n01-p060.pdf
 Bock, S.A., 1982. The natural history of food sensitivity. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 69(2), pp.173-177. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0091674982900963